Monday, March 07, 2011

the only way to find your life is to lay your own life down...

...and I believe it's an easy price for the life that we have found.

It would have been far too easy, not to mention obvious, to select Billy Joel or Hanson as the subject of today's challenge post: a picture of your favorite band or artist. And although my love for both is rooted deeply into my childhood, I'm going to go with an artist that not only satisfies my pallet musically, but also is good for my soul, and yours too if you give him a listen. So here it goes, I present you with: Andrew Peterson (in illustrated form, done by my friend Stephen Crotts).


I was first introduced to Andrew Peterson my freshman year of college by my friend Rique. We were driving around in his car, as we did in those days, and he stopped and wanted me to listen the song "Silence of God." Secretly, I think he wanted me to cry because I had told him prior to this that I wasn't much of a crier, and while I didn't cry that night, Andy Pete has moved me to tears many a time since then. After that night, I was completely hooked and have been a huge fan ever since. I love the way that he weaves the stories of scripture into his music and the honesty with which he writes. Not to mention, his is the ONLY Christmas album that should EVER be played out of season because it's all about Jesus and that's good all year long. Check him out, you won't regret it.

2 comments:

alaterfriend said...

We had some good drives didn't we?! Oh and you can't forget the first time you were around for my nightly routine of cookies and milk :) Glad I made it into the good experiences column of college sis!
rique

Brooke S said...

thanks for stopping by the blog, bro! hope you're doing well!