Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Irrational Fear

It's day 28 of the 30 Day Challenge (it's been way past 30 days since I started, but whatever) and today I am supposed to post something that I am afraid of. Honestly, I can't really think of anything that I fear, or anything that really makes me anxious or nervous. There are plenty of things like spiders and snakes that I don't necessarily love, but I'm not scared of them either.

I do, however, have a few random, completely irrational fears that are entertaining, so I figured I'd share one of those instead.

I wasn't exactly sure what to Google to try to get a picture for today, so I opted for "foot, door" and this is what I got, and it's the best that I can do to capture what I need. You're probably wondering what this picture could have to do with a fear. What could possibly be so scary about walking through a door? More than you might think.

For as long as I can remember, I have had this weird fear about doors opening in on my feet. So, it ain't no thing to walk through a door that opens away from me, it's when it opens towards me that I curl my toes up (whether they are exposed or not), out of fear of my toes getting hit by the door, and thus getting hurt. Weird, I know, but it is what it is.

1 comment:

meredith* said...

I have sweet scar on one of my toes from that happening. Yep.