Thursday, March 17, 2011

Forget You

I think anyone could easily put down middle school as the answer for today's challenge, something you'd like to forget, and be totally serious about it. I mean, let's be real, those are no one's shining years, and I know that's especially true for me. BUT since that would be such an obvious answer...I'll try again.

It was actually really difficult to think about something that I would completely want to erase from my memory. I mean, even in regards to middle school, if nothing else it makes me really thankful that God grew me up. However, in the interest of the challenge, I've posted this:


You might look at this picture and wonder why I would possibly want to forget what looks like such a great time? You might also wonder when the last time I had taken a shower was, but that's neither here nor there. Truth be told, this is actually a picture from a very hilarious night (and perhaps the only photographic proof of Jordan ever trying to dance). However, just a few short days after this picture was taken, life was going to explode and then continue to suck it up for a few months. That would be the summer of 2006.

That summer was terrible for a lot of reasons. One, the summer before was so amazing everything would pale in comparison. Two, we implemented a new leadership structure but forgot to clarify a lot of things and build in a support structure. We had a handful of sketch staff that brought a bad vibe into camp, poor choices made all around (myself included), and just an overall lack of spiritual maturity, leadership, and development going on. Not to mention, we had our ACA inspection that year, which is just stressful. A lot of tears and frustration were the result of that summer.

No summer at camp is ever perfect, but this one wasn't even close. I find it pretty funny that when we all hang out and reminisce about summers gone by, we all just pretend like 06 never happened..and that's ok.

In other news, I just thought this next picture was funny and I'd willingly forget the taste of Vita Malt...talk about yucko!

No comments: