Sunday, March 06, 2011

All You Need Is Love

30 Day Challenge (Day 12): A Picture of Something You Love

Sweet,sweet sunshine.

It's funny to be writing about how much I LOVE sunshine, when it's such an incredibly gray and rainy day outside. But then again, if we didn't have gray and rainy days, I wouldn't have a chance to remember how much I love the sun and to be thankful for it when it's here.

I love the sunshine for many reasons: it puts people in a good mood, it keeps things warm, it makes things look prettier, it goes into my skin and makes me look less pasty, and when it shines through the clouds there just isn't a doubt in my mind that something much bigger than myself has something to do with it.

I don't discriminate in my love for the sun either. I'll take it as a sunrise (ha, like the 2 times in my life I've been awake for that) or a sunset, as seen below...


Or I'll take it on a gorgeous beach...


Or driving in my car with the sunroof open, reading a book on a blanket, taking a walk, hanging out with friends on the lawn, whatever. As long as I get to be in it, I'm good.

And, if all else fails and there just isn't sunshine to be had, I have a whole playlist of music that makes me feel like I'm in the sun, so I'm covered.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Lil Brooke, ours are SO similar! we should be together and outside all the time!