Saturday, February 19, 2011

A Perfectly Fulfilling Saturday

I woke up this morning at 4:00am. Then again at 5:00am. Then again, and for good, at 8:00. So NOT the plan for my first Saturday to sleep in in about a month. But nonetheless, that was what happened. Distraught by my inability to fall back asleep, I decided not to waste a perfectly good breakfast hour and to make chocolate chip pancakes. This isn't exactly abnormal on a Saturday for me, just usually it's more like lunch time before I get any sort of ambition :)

That was just the beginning of what would turn out to be an amazing and random collection of entertainment on this beautiful, sunshiney Saturday. Jordan and I had big plans for the rest of the day since both the Wake County Library Booksale AND Roller Derby were going on at the State Fairgrounds. But when we pulled up, we discovered that the flea market was also open. BONUS. There is really nothing like putting yourself smackdab in the middle of three niche populations all in one day. Good people watching was not lacking.

The day was full of successes as I found this awesome treasure (see below) for my friend Neela at the flea market:

I added several great works of literature to my book collection for a whopping 12 bucks:

And I discovered that I enjoyed roller derby as much as I thought I would and may or may not have spent some time pricing skates:


I'd put my Saturday's awesomeness up against yours anytime.

No comments: