Sunday, February 27, 2011

And thus commences a posting overload

Given that I spent the weekend gallivanting around Chucktown, SC with some of my favorite people, I've gotten quite behind on my 30 Day Challenge, which is simply unacceptable for a serious blogger like me. So, I guess I ought to start playing catch up and make up for it.

3o Day Challenge Day 4: Your Favorite Memory
(I'm switching days 4 and 5 because I was in a car most of Friday night)


I would not trade my 12 summers at Rockfish for anything in the whole wide world. Camp is where I grew up, it's what I lived for, it was strangely always changing but ever so consistent amongst all sorts of crazy transitions in life. It's where I met some of my best and most cherished friends. I had lots of adventures, celebrated a lot of birthdays, dunked a lot of kids in mud, praised Jesus, grew in my faith, laughed a lot, cried a lot, and bled a little. This picture is from my "tied for best" summer ever at Rockfish. The leadership team met every morning before breakfast and often got into some sort of mischief before Gene would show up, but this particular morning, we just decided to take this picture and it makes my heart happy :)



No comments: