Monday, February 07, 2011

In Case You Didn't Know...

Justin Bieber was present at the March on Washington with Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

I apparently have been out of the know on this subject in all my years, but today at mentoring S set me straight.

As our reading tonight, we started a story about the March on Washington that took place in 1963. Let's just say tonight was not our best night and we used the ENTIRE hour to read the story and do our questions. As the final part of our response questions, S was supposed to draw a picture of what she thought it would have been like to be at the march back then.

Her picture began with a tall sky-scraper with lots of windows that she insisted was the Lincoln Memorial. She then drew a person, which apparently was me, labeled with a B for Ms. Brooke. Right next to me she drew another person. Upon trying to label this person with the appropriate letter, she looks at me and says, "Do you have a boyfriend?" I told her I did not and with a look of disappointment she says "Well if you did have a boyfriend, what would his name be?" I told her I that I couldn't possibly know the name of someone I didn't know. She then proceeds to put a big J on top of the second person. I asked her what his name was and she says, oh so matter of factly, "Justin Bieber. And you're holding his hand." Then she broke out with "Baby, baby, baby, OH!"

Needless to say, I don't think she really understood the assignment.

1 comment:

jruss said...

HAHAHAHAH. When I worked with Keke today on that same reading today, all she could talk about what justin b too! he is the new hannah montana.