Monday, February 28, 2011

"For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also"

This verse, Matthew 6:21, has always been extremely convicting to me. Mainly because there are a lot of things that I "love" and that I too often put too much stock in things that aren't Jesus.

Your treasure is whatever you value, cherish, focus on, invest in. If someone were to look at my daily schedule or my bank account, I don't think anyone's first thought would be "She loves Jesus" (in fact, their first thought would mostly likely be "She loves Chic-fil-A"). I have to repeatedly bring this verse to mind and remember that my first thoughts, my time, my interests, my talents, my money, everything needs to have kingdom purpose. I'm definitely not perfect at this, but I'm working on it.

All that to say, today's challenge is post a picture of your most treasured item. I unfortunately tend to develop sentimental attachments to a lot of things and, sadly, I like a lot of the stuff I have, so narrowing it down was hard. I decided however, to go with something that I've had for a very long time and that I never leave home without. It's simple and kind of silly, but that's just kind of who I am I suppose.


Her poor nose is worn from years of travel in many a purse, but the mirror has held up and I still have the comb that came with this precious compact my dad got me when I was like 3. I don't actually utilize this a whole lot, but it's nice to carry a piece of childhood around with me :)

No comments: