Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Happy

Guess who is absolutely NOT paying the least bit of attention in her computer lab this morning?

Heh.

You know, sometimes it absolutely amazes me how adamantly against coming to Winthrop I was, when here I am, at Winthrop, and insanely happy. Not just content, but happy, really happy.

I mean seriously, I practically (ok literally) came here kicking and crying (I didn't scream, it's not ladylike), swearing up and down that I would be miserable, yet God provided for me in more ways than I can count. I've grown so much and come to understand things about God I'd never realized. I have an AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING group of people to surround and support me. I'm learning and enjoying what I'm doing. Ahh, it's all kind of hard to describe but I guess that just goes to show that God really does know what He's doing.

I don't think that I would be nearly as happy or have grown so much if I had ended up going to NC State (not that waking up to the beautiful Miss Jordan McCoy and getting to see Lukas, the love of my heart, everyday wouldn't of made me happy). I think the combination of it being SO BIG and already knowing people there wouldn't have forced me to branch out and get to know new and wonderful people like I have here.

And I have decided, it is perhaps one of the greatest compliments when people ask you what you're on just because your happy, in a way its kind of sad though, but still, it means joy is radiating and I hope others will catch the fever.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Brooke, you are quite insightful! Thanks for the amount of wisdom you provide in our group, we all need some. Glad to see that you are HAPPY, that makes two of us! WU is pretty darn cool huh? Keep on rocking out for Jesus! LOVE YOU KIDDO-KT