Wednesday, February 16, 2005

I Think...

The first coherent thing Maggie said to me this morning were the lyrics:

"Here we go, one more time, everybody's feelin' fine, Here we go
Yes Yes Yes Here we go, N*Sync has got the flow"

That's right ladies and gentlemen, thats N*Sync's "Here We Go" off of their self-titled debut album that came out in what 1998 or something. But you know what? I liked it.

It was upon realizing that that particular song could still bring a smile to my face after not listening to it in well over 4 or 5 years, that I came to my glorious revelation.

I think that everyone should be willing to embrace the dork they once were, or still are, and stop pretending like you didn't enjoy the things we all know you did as a child.

I'm a dork, and I embrace that because even though it sometimes makes me cringe when I read through old diaries, flip through the unplayed CD section, or go through boxes of collected junk like TigerBeat and Bop, there was a very happy child in all that. It is that kind of stuff that allows you when your older to look back and laugh at yourself, get a little embarassed then thank God for the person you've grown up to become.

So today I challenge you to take pleasure in something slightly embarrassing that you enjoyed as a child, and share it with a friend, chances are they secretly still like it too.

No comments: