Tuesday, April 14, 2009

An afterthought about thankfulness

After I posted my entry last night, I was thinking about how I need to make a concerted effort to be more aware of the blessings in my life--that if I want to live Easter everyday, that I need to find the reasons to rejoice everyday, something that I don't always do.

So, I decided to give myself a personal challenge in being more aware and thankful for things in my life. I am hoping that if I set an actual goal for myself, and commit to updating it on here, that I might actually go through with one of my many plans to step up my walk with the Lord rather than letting it fall to the side and sit there.

The challenge is this...for the next 30 days I will post five specific things that I am thankful for and I am not allowed to say anything more than once. If I can't find at least five new things a day to be thankful for, I have bigger issues.

So there it is and here it goes.

Day One:
  1. People who are willing to be honest.
  2. The little boy who waved goodbye to me at the Y even though he doesn't know me.
  3. Kids who get really into the games that I make up.
  4. That I am able to live with my best friend.
  5. The fact that I get to think up a safari outfit to wear to work tomorrow :)

2 comments:

Sara said...

what a great idea. ps...i am thankful for you.

Brooke S said...

You are so sweet friend :)