Tuesday, May 10, 2005

High School

Today, I had a marvelous sandwich in a sack lunch prepared by Natasha. Thought I would let you know.

I always knew high school was never really my thing. It wasn't something that I particularly was excited about after middle school and after my first day my freshman year I was pretty much ready to graduate and move on. But despite the fact I was far too cool for high school, even after moving to the Academy, I dealt with it, had a few good laughs, and despite the handful of caring and inspiring people I was priveledged to meet, I walked across that stage, without a tear, knowing I was never really going to wish I was back at high school.

Today only confirmed these feelings.

Today Tasha and I went back to the Academy and looking around at the kids there, how they interact, what they value, how they think...I don't miss any of it. Yes, the jokes and the little spats and behaviors are their own form of cute, endearing, and entertaining, I had no desire to spend more than a few hours there visiting some cool cats.

Then for some odd reason, I managed to get myself roped into spending an hour at Myrtle Beach High School for a chours, band, orchestra thing. Just being in that building makes my stomach hurt.

Sigh.

Not much good dwelling in that. Trust me kids, college is much better.

No comments: