Friday, December 31, 2010

Closing Thoughts on 2010

It only seems appropriate that I should attempt to make some sort of final post, recapping the year and thinking about all of the ways I have grown and changed over the past year, so I will give it a shot. Here are some things I did in 2010 (in no particular order):

  • I read a lot. Mostly children's literature, but some grown up stuff too. I also learned that I regret not ever reading Little Women or Anne of Green Gables as a little girl, but thankful that I got around to it.
  • I saw LOTS of my friends get married. 6 weddings in fact (Jenn & JD, Brooke & Matt, Wes & Sarah, Stephen & Erica, Jordan & Brian, and Mandy & Jeremy). One being my best friend's, at which I was more or less an emotional nut-job for most of it :)
  • I found a new small group that I love, officially joined my church, moved to the new campus of The Summit, and took up post holding babies in the nursery.
  • I was on the most losing-est (but most fun) teams ever on the Finley Director's Retreat.
  • I rekindled relationships with some family members I hadn't seen in too long and said goodbye to others.
  • I helped raise half a million dollars.
  • I went on a cruise and have decided it is the best way to vacation if you really just want to get away from normal life.
  • I moved into a very cute apartment and decided to live by myself...and LOVE it. I just recently committed to hanging things on the wall finally.
  • I ran a camp for children with special needs and learned a lot about what love looks like.
  • I spent some sweet summer time in NYC with one of my favorite people ever, Brittany Brock and was encouraged by how far she's come since I've known her.
  • I celebrated Memorial Day with Mags in DC and re-realized I will always have a soft spot in my heart for the military.
  • I dealt with my first semi-major car issues.
  • I spent one hour a week with one of the funniest children on the face of the earth and saw her go from barely knowing her alphabet to reading books!
  • I made peach cobbler for the first time.
  • I celebrated the 4th of July in true American fashion: at a baseball game eating a hot dog.
  • I was continually reminded about how I am lucky to have so many great people in my life.
  • I saw one of my friends grieve a serious loss and prayed a lot for her.
  • I saw Hanson in concert with my BFF and fell in love with them all over again.
  • I rolled a giant hamster ball down a hill, as part of my job.
  • I had several spontaneous life chats with girls at work.
  • I watched Teen Witch at least 6 times.
  • I set up my first Christmas tree on my own.
  • I thought a lot about what I should be doing with my life.
  • I blogged 30 times...this post will make 31.

Other things happened and I'm sure I'm a slightly different person now then I was at this time last year, but that's what I've got for now. So 2010, you've been swell, I raise my glass to you.

1 comment:

bebrock89 said...

I like it!