Saturday, January 01, 2011

11 Things I'd Like To Do In Twenty-Eleven

Some people call them resolutions, some people call them goals, but I shall call them items on my to-do list for 2011. I am not above being a little cheesy and cliche and pretending like a new year means I'll suddenly have the commitment and motivation to accomplish the things on my list :)

In the year 2011 I would like to:

1. Take advantage of what Raleigh has to offer. I'm half way through my 3rd year living here and I feel like there are a lot of things I have yet to see and do (parks, events, etc).

2. Take a class just for fun (I'm thinking ballroom dancing).

3. Get involved volunteering with something that has nothing to do with the Y.

4. Run a 5k.

5. Go to the Outer Banks. Preferably camp there, but I'm not dead set on that. It's been over 10 years since I've been and I've been talking about it for at least 3 years.

6. Put a dent in my stationary collection and support one of my favorite government agencies, the US Postal Service, by writing more letters (send addresses if you want one!).

7. Read the entire Narnia series.

8. Go to the midnight showing of the very last Harry Potter movie.

9. Read the bible in 90 days (it can be done, I know people who've done it)

10. Cook and share meals with people more frequently (let me know if you want dinner).

11. Give more.


Company is welcome on any of these items, so let me know...applications can be sent via e-mail :)
Here's to 2011!

2 comments:

Katie said...

i would like to do all these things with you. especially the outer banks one. ill just move to raleigh, see ya soon :)

bebrock89 said...

I'm thinking that you and the cabin girls need to dress up as our favorite character and see the midnight showing of Harry Potter together! I call Hagrid! :)