Wednesday, August 31, 2005

How Do You Eat Your Gummy Bears?


So, I have very much been on this obnoxious (but ever so delicious) gummy bear kick the past, ehh week or so and I have noticed that I have a very specific (and originally unconscious) way of eating my gummy bears.

First I eliminate the green and yellow ones (typically the green go first followed by the yellow ones but sometimes I eat them together) and then comes the pesky little pineapple clear ones, followed by the orange and (saving the best for last) slowly ration out to red ones the rest of the time I am enjoying my gummies.

Well, being the psychologists that I am (I have had three semesters after all) I am thinking that there is definitely some deeply rooted psychological finding and revelation to be had by analyzing how I and others consume gummy bears and other candies that could be sorted by flavor and/or color.

So my challenge to you, my beloved readers, is tell me...How do you eat your gummy bears (or other candies as described above)???

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i save red for last as well,
but more importantly, i bite their heads off...
sometimes i bite the heads off of two different color ones, and switch them....

-ktb

Anonymous said...

Heads come off first. As to what colors I eat first I have no prefrence however I do get a little more excited when I pull out an orange or a red one

<><

Stephen Crotts said...

Yeah, maybe it is some sort of hunter/gatherer complex because we are males, but I'm actually with Chris this time. Off with their cute little heads first and formost. I've a burning deep within my loins, like a flaming golden hawk, to tear them apart like the tiny defenseless prey that they are. I actually like the clear ones, and I twist the green & yellow ones together (same thing with green & yellow sour patch kids) I rather enjoy the lemon-lime effect. Ah, gummy bears....Remember that TV show, where they rode around on a swan's back - They had this whole little ewok/smurf thing going on. I'm sure they were communists.

Anonymous said...

This takes me back to last year and our never ending conversation about which sweet tart came first. By the way, its yellow. My gummy bears go in whole, i dont break them apart or anything. I get very excited about red ones, but no specific order, i eat them...all of them whole:)
You should ask maggie, maybe there is something abnormal about her patterns...probably so...

-KtS

Anonymous said...

I throw the yellow ones to the birds, suffer through the orange, and delight in the green, clear and red in that order. Delightful, I say.
-Erica T.