Tuesday, July 26, 2005

An Awaited Hour Off

So here we are, at camp, week number three of having 150+ kids and I am finally sitting here with an hour off. I almost don't know what to do with myself.

I'm pretty sure I have heat rash on my scalp, it's been itching since the 2nd week of CITs and hasn't stopped since. In fact, I woke myself up this morning scratching my head. Whoo Hoo for me.

I cannot believe the summer is almost over. This is my last full week, then come August 2nd I will be rolling away from the ROC until whenever it is I come back. The end of the summer is always tough, you never really are ready to leave despite how tired you may be, but this summer, it's going to be a lot harder. We have really been pouring a lot of ourselves into this ministry and watching it grow and lives change. We have spent so many nights worshiping in the lodge with sweat dripping from every imaginable part of our bodies. We've painted and fixed and transformed. We climbed and canoed and creek floated. We have a camp song and eaten our fix of Parflesnarf. We've had a good summer and I am leaving with a lot of good memories and friends.

I'm exhausted, my body is running out of energy, my voice is on the verge of being shot, but every morning I wake up rearing and ready to go despite all of that. Every night when I am thinking about the day I think to myself, where in the heck did the summer go? This summer has been amazing, it has far exceded any of my expectations and disproved all my apprehensions. God is working hardcore here at Rockfish and that in and of itself makes it hard to think about leaving, to think about missing something that might be going on in the last little bit of summer left.

I've grown a lot, I've pushed myself a lot, and I've had a lot of fun.

So here I am, on a much awaited hour off and yet when it's all over, I'll keep wanting just one more hour.

man that was emo.

No comments: