Wednesday, March 16, 2005

My Mother

So my mom is going to Las Vegas for Spring Break. For some reason I find that really amusing to say. I'm really happy she is going though, she never really takes any time off for herself and from what I hear this is her first "adult" vacation she has ever been able to go one. I mean we always took family vacations and stuff, but I never remember her and my dad or even just her ever taking a weekend off or anything, so I am glad she is getting to do this with some of her friends. Now, I just have to trust she won't go too crazy and get married or something :) But she is getting a facial...good for her.

You know, my mom is a pretty amazing lady. Now, don't get me wrong, she is one of the few people who can get under my skin quicker than anything, but she's pretty amazing. I mean, not only has she spent WAY MORE than her fair share of hours in the car taking me back and forth to camp and all the other places I've needed (or sometimes just wanted to go) that definitely weren't the top of her to-do list BUT she's also been the perfect hostess to up to seven extra camp kids at a time. She is a single mom with THREE kids in college, and while I'm probably not the best kid ever, my brothers are far more moody and emotional than any girls I know. On top of all the required motherly stuff shes in charge of like a million different committees and organizations, heading up the church fundraiser, and is in charge of both the Cub Scout and Boy Scout groups here. Not to mention, she is pretty easy going as far as letting us do pretty much everything we've wanted to do (within reason of course).

So yeah, this is my little "Ode to Mom. " I could go on, but I shall refrain. I'm glad she gets to take a vacation. She deserves it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

woot for moms!