Thursday, March 24, 2005

Done

I can't even really fathom why I would sit here and spend any longer in front of my computer screen when that has been where my face has been glued for this entire week.

I have been an academic hermit, completely locked away in my little room, coming out only for food and class. It's been rather horrible, but I feel incredibly accomplished.

So I am sitting here having successfully written a TWENTY ONE page paper. Holy cow, I didn't think I had that in me. It has been stressful, that's for sure, but I wouldn't say it was by any means a horrible experience and for some reason I don't think this will be the last time such an assignment or project lays on my shoulders.

Sometimes I really hate how consuming academics can be. This has always been a fault of mine, that even though I don't really see myself as an over achiever or perfectionist, I tend to get very, Very, VERY focused and consumed with my schoolwork. And a lot of the times it's not neccesarily that I desire to be so involved in my work, but it's so unavoidable. I mean, I am paying to be here, I am investing time and money into these classes and therefore I have to do well. I am capable of doing well and I can't allow myself to only put in any less than my best work.

Sometimes that kind of work ethic is as controlling my overactive conscious ::wink:: even though I would say both are for my good and I appreciate them in the long run.

I am ready to get back to normal life though. I am ready to live off of something other than processed sugar and caffine. I am ready to be able to just visit with people again, hang out. I am ready to be able to pick up my cell phone or get on Instant Messenger and not feel guilty about what I should be getting done. Heck, I am dying to get back to Cardio Sculpt and ::gasp:: even going running with Maggie. And please God let there be sunshine next week because I am ready to spend a few hours soaking up those rays.

Ahh, I am going to sleep so well tonight, having the peace of accomplishing something so big and putting forth a good effort.

Tomorrow afternoon my brain is farting...BIG TIME.

No comments: