Thursday, December 09, 2004

Bad Popcorn

I don't think I have ever had bad popcorn, until tonight.

It's 11 o'clock and after exhausting myself with The Great SweeTart Debate, I come to my room looking for a little snack.

Popcorn sounds good, well I didn't say it and it doesn't make a noise until after you already start popping it, but you know what I mean. So I pop my popcorn, grab a handful and am quite distraught to discover it's just not that good.

I am hypothesizing it's because it's old and the butter had gone some kind of bad because it just doesn't taste right.

I am still hungry and I am still eating the bad popcorn.

I really should head to bed sometime soon, I actually do have an exam tomorrow and need to be all well rested and refreshed for that. I am really not that worried about it. It's CTQR and I haven't made anything less than a 90 on the tests and I studied about three hours this afternoon, so I think I am good.

I was reading through Acts 15 today and I came across a verse that I found particularly encouraging. It said:

"And God, who knows the human heart, testified to them by giving them the Holy Spirit, just as he did to us, and in cleansing their hearts by faith he has made no distinction between them and us." -verse 8

One thing that I really stuggle with is a feeling of inadequacy and constantly comparing myself to others who I find to be stronger, smarter, or better than I am in whatever way, particularly spiritually. A lot of times I will find myself focusing so much on the attributes I admire in them and wishing I could acquire the same gifts, thus completely disregarding and paying no attention to the gifts God has blessed me with.

This verse though, is like God leveling the playing field, saying that there is no class system or hierarchy amongst believers. That no one person is better than anyone else, just different. The different gifts in the body are something God has been making me aware of the past few months since I have been at school.

I am just coming into realizing that gifts come in so many shapes and forms and not everyone is meant to have the same gifts. God designed each and every one of us with a particular skill and gift to offer in order to follow His command and expand His kingdom. I love when I gain some kind of inkling of knowledge of God's big ol' plan for it all.

I am probably not going to bed, but I will leave it here for tonight.

1 comment:

ME said...

HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH IT I AM JUST TOO LAZY TO EMAIL YOU HAHA
My dad's friend told me i am mature for my age and i thought of you so i wanted to tell you! Love ya have a merry christmas amd God Bless you and your family