Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Day Thirty

Today officially marks the end of the Thirty Days of Thankfulness.

It's been a good exercise for me, but like with anything there have been ups and downs. I started out with so much excitement and enthusiasm, there were days when I observed and lived in anticipation of finding things to be thankful for. And then were there days when I didn't feel like being thankful at all or where I sat at my computer stumped, trying to come up with my five. I'm so human.

I've learned some important things though:
  • I am not at a place where thankfulness necessarily comes naturally yet, I'd like to get there
  • Sometimes the things that I am thankful for are just things that make me laugh...and I don't think that is a bad thing.
  • I would like to be as excited about my walk with the Lord everday as I was when I started this 30 days ago...an excitement about what the Lord can and will do!
  • I want to continue in this discipline, perhaps not posting it on here, but in my time with the Lord, being intentional about my thankfulness for what he has done and is doing daily.
So, here it is folks, that last thankfulness post. Enjoy!

Day Thirty:
  1. Everyone who has been reading this blog and the little ways I have seen the Lord use it.
  2. That there are some people who I know will just always be a part of my life.
  3. Getting to talk to Brittany Brock today!!!
  4. Awkward moments that make funny stories later
  5. People who desire to make the Lord known in the world around them

No comments: