Wednesday, June 15, 2005

24 Hours Off

So I have finally arrived at the much needed 24 hours off that I am being granted as a reward for doing the three week camp thing. I need it. I'm tired and worn out and really just need a day to have some "me time" before I will be any good to my kids.

I hate when I get this kind of worn out tired sorta way because I lose a lot of my patience and then can just not be a very fun person to be around. My kids are tired too, so we all could really use some time off.

Anywho, so Sunday I woke up to the sweet serenade of the Cape Fear river. It was quite awesome, I must admit. We took a 9-mile canoe trip down the Cape Fear over Saturday and Sunday and then camped out, right on the river bank. It was soo cool. I had never done that before, I had been down the Cape Fear when I was a senior high camper, but it was just so freeing to just pick a spot and pitch a tent. Our kids were really awesome too, they didn't get on each others backs or down their throats, so it was good. Luke and I read "Why the Cross" to them and talked about surrender. We really wanted to hit them hard with what it means to really surrender to God. I think they are starting to get it.

AHH...we're going to the mountains this weekend. I am so excited, not only will it be like 20 degrees cooler BUT it will just be more relaxing. So yeah...

I'm off .

No comments: