Tuesday, November 02, 2004

(no subject)

I feel like writing but I really dont have anything to say right now, or at least not anything that I feel will be productive to any of the current situations competing for interests in my brain at the moment.

I really fear for our country.

I was reading some articles today about the Osama bin Laden tape from Friday and I have a feeling something is going to happen, and soon.

What is must be like in the mind of a terrorist? It's really quite scary. I mean seriously, September 11th was beautifully organized and executed. The man does not lack intelligence, and what is worse is he has so much anger towards America that he will stop at no end to make it known. And it's not like he cares if he dies doing it, as Professor Belk said in Government today, "Its like a job opening amongst drug dealers"--there will always be someone ready to fill in the vacancy.

It's kind of hard to believe that people are intrinsically good if there is a whole nation of people full of so much Hate. But in a sense, we Americans are just as guilty of another sin of Pride.

It's all quite complicated and it's really quite late and my head hurts.

We really need to pray for our country, and for its leaders regardless of who wins the election. No so much for God to make things change, but for the ability to endure.

And I thought I had nothing to say.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yo girl, the way you ended this post was so emo in an awesome way.

Emo valley. Hah. ;) But I know your fear. We discussed it.

`Natasha