Monday, November 22, 2004

Blissfully Unproductive

After a rousing game of kickball at midnight with a bunch of the Crusade kids on Thursday, someone suggested something to the effect that college should consist of hanging out, a Interpersonal Relationships 101 sort of thing. Wouldn't that be nice.

This past weekend was probably the closest I will ever get to that sort of the arrangement. I did absolutely nothing productive all weekend, and yes, it was nice.

In reality my weekend basically started Thursday night, seeing as how I skipped my 10 o'clock class on Friday morning, and made a brief appearance at Math at 12 to go over the troublesome mathematic concepts of mean, median, and mode (and yes, I am paying money to learn this). And that was the extent of my productivity.

Friday well afternoon we went and saw The Incredibles, then Zaxby's for dinner, and on to the Roasting Company for Rique's band's show. Each and every facet of that was molto bene. After that Erica, her friend Erin, and I went to Richardson and watched The Secret Window with some of the boys from BCM.

Saturday I slept in, which is rare for me, and didn't even care that I woke up at 11:40, got some food and then watched the Clemson/Carolina game with a bunch of the girls on the floor in Reagan and Amy's room. That was fun, let me tell you, and even more fun when you aren't emotionally attached to either team and can just add funny commentary at all the appropriate moments. Then Sarah, Shannon and I went to Jessica, Leslie, and Sarah's house, picked up Leslie and visited Jessica at work in Tega Cay. She works at Cliffard's Cafe and the pizza there is quite good. After that, it was movie night (again)--Meet the Parents and Raising Helen...good times.

I must say Sunday was even less productive. Another lazy morning, one of the advantages of going to church at night. I really didn't do much, I went to dinner with KTB, Reagan, Amy, Sabrina, and Erica then off to church with Sarah...It was good times.

After church I unfortunately had to do the one piece of homework, reading a chapter in Government, which took me four hours, because I was allowing myself plenty of distractions.

Wow, this was an incredibly boring entry. So I will leave with this one final thought.

I am coming to realize more and more, that any time is better spent in the presence of good company. Whether its a much needed break from studying in the wee hours of the morning, a good conversation (even if it is only on AIM), or just hanging out...good company is essential and God has blessed me with good people here. Yeah...in the words of Maggie, good company is "mentally and spiritually rejuvinating"

I promise next time will be something slightly more intriguing

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your blatant honesty, a simple quality that is often overlooked. I love you, not because of what you do, but who you are...You will always be my Cherokee sidekick, my road rage passenger. I will never sit in a car without thinking of you and remembering good music, camp stories, and knowing that you care about my well being in every word you offer to my ear.

You care about me. It kept me going on so many mornings when I just didn't want to pull into that parking lot, when I didn't want to get out of the car...but as long as I got out and shut the door, it meant I'd be back again.

And you'd be standing there waiting, with too many things to hold, with patience and beauty covering every inch of your tangible presence.

I love you. I think that expresses so much more than I'm attempting to say.

`Natasha

ME said...

No. I didnt read the whole thing but i read the last paragraph. Yeah i have thinking about it alot recently. How blessed we are to have such awesome friends. You rock Brooke

Anonymous said...

Hey Brooke!!! It's Crystal!!! I dunno why it wouldn't let me sign in... ohwell... I liked your blog! It was fun and entertaining... nice to see you are enjoying life!!! I miss your energetic smile!!! You should come visit sometime...
"heart:)"