Sunday, January 04, 2009

08/09

So, the time of year has come when one is compelled to reflect on the previous year and make lofty goals for the new year. As I am one to willingly give into compulsions, I will do just that in this post.

In the year 2008 I (in no particular order):
  • Prayed in the New Year and danced the night away afterwards
  • Kicked off my last semester at Winthrop
  • Was part of an amazing Bible study
  • Developed a fascination with prenatal development
  • Wrote a thesis
  • Presented research
  • Ate tacos every Tuesday with Charlotte
  • Lived off of Diet Coke and Cheddar Chex mix for several weeks
  • Saw the full moon rise out of the ocean :)
  • Laughed a lot
  • Experienced my first pedicure
  • Saw lots of friends get engaged and others get married
  • Graduated with a 4.0
  • said a lot of goodbyes
  • worked my last summer at Rockfish
  • Kayaked in the Pacific ocean
  • lived on an island for a week
  • cried a lot
  • Got a car
  • Go-karted in a dress and pearls
  • Finally got to go to The Melting Pot
  • Saw Moving Out
  • Saw The Rockettes in NYC
  • Watched 4 entire seasons of 4 separate reality TV shows
  • Moved in Raleigh
  • Got a job
  • Got a promotion
  • Went to my first state fair
  • Painted my fingernails black
  • Chopped off my hair
  • Ran for homecoming queen
  • Made it to the final three
  • Bought a new camera
  • Started reading for fun
  • Dabbled in bellydancing
  • Bought an amazing pair of tennis shoes
  • Watched a lot of movies
In 2009 I will:
  • See Billy Joel and Elton John LIVE!!!
  • Road trip to Birmingham to see Wicked!
  • Put forth more effort to cook
  • Make a noble attempt to work out regularly
  • Find a church to get plugged into
  • Take a stab at budgeting my money
  • UPDATE: Finally submit an audition tape for The Real World.
Feel free to add to either list as you see fit.

No comments: