Saturday, October 07, 2006

Things from years ago

Right now I am watching Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone on the Disney channel. I haven't seen this movie in years, I love it, but it's been awhile.

However, while I am sitting here I can't help but think back to when this movie first came out in theatres. Man, did Harry Potter hit the world big time. So much publicity surrounding the books and then all the excitement when the movie came out. Ahh, but what I really remember is that on opening night my mom took my little brother and I to see the movie. Going to the movies with mom was always a little bit of a treat but I just remember her taking us to go even though she hadn't read the books and probably had no real desire to see it. But we were there, with all the other excited kids of all ages hanging on every moment of the movie...I can't help but become a little nostalgic.

Also, Thursday night after Crusade we watched The Little Mermaid. Naturally singing took place and the excitement build around the viewing resembled something of the excitment from when I was a little girl. But what was really great was during the part where the chef is chasign Sabstian all over the kitchen I had a very distinct memory from when I was a little girl. My brother's and I made up a game based on that part of the movie. Someone had to be the chef and everyone else was some kind of sea creature waiting to be eaten and you had to get up to the top bunk and under the covers before the chef got you...mind you the game was complete with lines from the movie and four little kids laughing in their best french accents...

sigh, i miss that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

awww...little curries -ktb

Anonymous said...

The Little Mermaid is regularly watched at my house when nieces are over....and it still doesnt get old.

L-Diggy