Saturday, October 21, 2006

Right Hand Day

So, today was more or less one of the best days ever...just one of those days when things just seem to go right and beyond.

First, the EAGLE has landed. Katie B and I watched the installation of the eagle statue...that's right, we were part of Winthrop history, we got interviewed and everything. Naturally, I dubbed myself student representative and wanted to get in on some handshake action with DiGorgio, but it failed and we just stood back and kept ourselves entertained for the entire hour and fifteen minutes we spent waiting for this to go down.

Work was rather entertaining. I got a lot of reading done in Harry Potter and I got interviewed for the Winthrop channel to talk about the TRiO program and what I do as a tutor. That's right, I'm pretty much famous around these parts.

THEN...I witnessed a truly momentous occasion. Stephen cut his hair, and I was there to witness it. It looks good, I think a new stage of life is going to be beginning.

But wait, things get better. Dinner...let me just say, total UPGRADE. Thomson was serving steak, and it was good steak....really good steak...with A1 sauce and steak fries. The tea was good AND they had dirt cups for dessert. This is all on a Friday night mind you...I never eat in Thomson but the cafeteria gods were with us tonight.

Katie B and I hit up an improv comedy show after all of this and it really made me wish I had pursued the whole acting thing a little more. I really enjoy performing, and I'm pretty alright at it, I'm comfortable with it. Although, I don't think the theatre scene or lifestyle is really for me...but part of me would like to dabble in that a little more.

Then the night topped off with HIGH QUALITY hanging out with Lil Katie and Mags. Ahh, we never get to hang out just us these days...and what better way to do that then with The Notebook. That movie gets me everytime...I won't lie...I teared a little.

After the movie we just sat on the couch, three in a row, and looked at my scrapbook from freshman year. We've grown up, and pretty soon we're going to be real grown-ups and that is a scary thought.

And now, I am going to sleep in my comfy little university provided bed, with clean sheets and everything as Queen sings me sweet lullabyes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

indeed yesterday was a GRAND day...only to be topped off by today! -ktb