Thursday, October 28, 2004

Gray Skies

If the world were to one day decide to die, I imagine it would look much like it does outside right now.

It has been an absolutely wretched week in Rock Hill. The sun has yet to reveal itself once. All we have seen is gray skies and the constant threat of a misting rain. It's rather depressing. I wish it would just pour and get it over with so we can get a move on with blue skies and sunshine.

Sometimes I wonder if people who don't know Jesus live in this constant state of gray. That is such a terrible existence. It reminds me a lot of the gray city in C.S. Lewis's The Great Divorce.

There is nothing appealing about gray.

But seriously, even though it may be absolutely hideous outside, a lot of times, after the initial complaining about the weather, I find myself pleasantly distracted by my company, the squirrels, the trees or something else. It's like, regardless of the weather, I can still find things to be happy about.

People who don't know God's love though, they are just stuck in this ugly mindset. It's really quite sad.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good stuff Brooke. Be thinking alot about America and all the things happening with Christians and our religion in America. Love ya.

Allen

Anonymous said...

I disagree. I think that there are many appealing things about gray. Christ is in gray too. God is everywhere, not just in the good things, (though I myself love a good, chilly, gray day) and the trick is not to distract yourself from the places where you don't immeadiatly see Him, but to keep looking until you do see Him.

Anonymous said...

I disagree. I think that there are many appealing things about gray. Christ is in gray too. God is everywhere, not just in the good things, (though I myself love a good, chilly, gray day) and the trick is not to distract yourself from the places where you don't immeadiatly see Him, but to keep looking until you do see Him.