Sunday, October 03, 2010

October Holds Many Great Things

Fall has finally decided to come to North Carolina. Praise the Lord.

As a summer baby through and through, I'm really never ready to bid sunshine, warm weather, flip flops and sundresses goodbye;but, after a truly brutally hot summer, the cooler temperatures are refreshing and very welcomed.

The air smells of fall. I saw my first fall leaf the other day drop onto my windshield and I just had to smile to myself. Flannel is now an acceptable fabric to wear. Life is good. It makes me want to put on a plaid shirt and go to a barn dance and stand around by a bonfire.

While I don't know if there is a a barn dance in my future, October does hold many great things: the Art Gala, the State Fair, plaid, sweaters, hoodies, hopefully a trip to either pick apples and/or Busch Gardens, and my CRUISE! I'm so excited.

1 comment:

Hopeful said...

youre going on a cruise!!! SO fun!!! Love keeping up with you here!!