Tuesday, September 14, 2010

I Take My Job Very Seriously

Sometimes you just meet kids that, while not particularly the most fun, agreeable, or easy children, just make you excited to see them because you just don't know what they will say next. I have a daily source of hilarity this track in one of my new kindergartners.

While on the playground today, this little boy walked up to me with a water bottle full of sand and told me "This is not a water bottle full of sand." I replied, "Really? Then what is it?" To which I got "This is a magic powder that gives you muscles." I thought for a moment and said, "Hmm, it looks like sand to me, how is it going to give me muscles?" "You have to mix it with potions, with chemicals, not chemicals that will kill you though. Everyone gets one sip and we all get muscles and then we will have a war." "I don't know if I want to drink that it looks yucky." "Yes, you have to it will give you special powers."

We get temporarily distracted by lining up, in which my friend gives me the bottle to hold, giving me clear instructions not to dump it out. So, of course I continued to carry around this bottle for about a half hour and when he sees me he says "You take your job very seriously." And I do, the bottle is sitting on my desk, just in case I have need for quick muscles :)

1 comment:

Brian said...

now you need to just add a label to it