Monday, September 15, 2008

What am I supposed to do with my time now?

So, because I have nothing better to do with myself or my time, I made it my goal to finish the 111 Worst Songs playlist. Now, the thing is, everytime you start the station it starts you back at the beginning and there is no skipping ahead past the songs you've already heard, so I had to start fresh this afternoon--and I was making serious progress too, I got down to about 63 or so when tragedy struck...

for some God-forsaken reason the playlist started back at number 111 with Paris Hilton (and no one can ever convince me that Paris Hilton is somehow less awful than Hootie, who is in fact not awful at all but someone was ranked lower, along with Will Smith).

And while I do suprise myself with the amount of endurance I have for completely meaningless tasks, I'm not sure I will barrel through those first fifty or so songs again...so with this adventure coming to an end, or at least a pause, I will leave you with three nuggets of musical treasure that you need to check out.

First is none other than a lovely duet by none other than The King of Pop Himself and Sir Paul McCartney called "The Girl is Mine."

Followed by a little dose of Milli Vanilli's "Girl You Know It's True."

And then perhaps the best thing I have come across in years, a true icon of musical greatness "The Fast Food Song" by the Fast Food Rockers. Let's eat...to the beat!

2 comments:

Katie said...

see this is exactly why we are friends. I would totally participate in this rediculous countdown right beside you...oh i miss you lil brooke!

voigt said...

you could start practicing t-shirt surgery and remake your old clothes into trendy new stuff?

or read (but everybody knows that)

teach yourself how to play the oboe

go on long walks with someone else's dog

train a cat to use the toilet properly (of course this requires getting a cat)

tour parks and tourist attractions in the area

find somewhere to volunteer

start painting (which could be both messy and frustrating - not something I recommend too highly)

spend an evening wandering your nearest library

find a swingset and forget you are an old lady

sell bird seed in a park while dressed like the lady in mary poppins (although this may be illegal)

start watching erureka

research something interesting

I could keep going but I have a sinking suspicion my ideas will only get worse as time goes on ...