Tuesday, November 07, 2006

"Thank God I'm a Country Boy..."

No...I'm not watching Son in Law...

So, I'm sitting here, enjoying the fact there is no class because of Election Day...I've been almost entirely unproductive...and naturally, I start listening to John Denver...actually I don't really know what moved me to do so, but I came across the classic "Take Me Home Country Roads"...West Virginia's state song.

I'm from West Virginia...I have very fond memories of West Virginia as a child, but honestly, I cannot imagine who I would be if I had lived there my whole life. We moved when I was 8, so all those vital, character forming stages like middle school were in Myrtle Beach, but sometimes I try to think about how my life would be if I were still in West Virginia and I just can' t do it. The things that most form my personality I never would have experienced or been a part of if I lived there. I don't know where I'm going with this...I'd like to go visit West Virginia I think.

No comments: