Sunday, January 08, 2006

"The Sovereign Lord will wipe away the tears from all faces" Isaiah 25:8

This verse, ah, I can't really describe the comfort it brought me as I read it. What better picture of God than as a Sovereign Father? Words like "sovereign" and "Lord" highlight God's power, his majesty, his strength...but the action, the wiping of tears, it's so paternal, so loving, so so gentle.

I read this and just got this picture of a little child (all of us) crying and then this strong index finger, from a strong hand, slightly bent to delicately wipe and catching a tear, no real words, no face, just gentleness.

How great is that, so much power and so much love and so much delicacy in one God, one Father, completely gentle without losing an ounce of his power.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do you mind if I use some of your post in my art project, cause I am loving that last line ...

-Brandi