Monday, April 25, 2005

Church Happens

As my friend Rique would say "this is church" whenever a group of believers gather together...and tis true...sometimes church just happens.

Saturday Erica and I went to Chic-fil-A (suprise suprise) and as we filled our little bellies with chicken and sweet tea we really got to talking just about how amazing God is and how He can work through people and pull people through things and where He places us in our lives and that ministry isn't always just working for some church but its a matter of everyday living. Food and God just go together I guess.

Then this Sunday I finally got the opportunity to go to St. Mary's (the gospel Catholic Church) and the entire time I just sat there thinking "This is what church is supposed to be." I walked in and just felt the warmth and was taken aback by the diversity...black, white, young, old, rich, poor, everyone gathered into this one little building in the ghetto of Rock Hill, talking, hugging, smiling, kissing, and greeting each other. There was life in this church, that is how it should be. At one point, this older white man leaned over and gave a kiss on the cheek to this elderly black woman and I couldn't help but smile. Not to mention, people sang, clapped, and just had an energy about them. It was amazing. I left knowing I had been in the presence of God...it was good.

1 comment:

CenterUniverse said...

Hello,

I was browsing through blogs, and came across this one, I found it interesting:)

ThanX <><